We are often inspired to act on something GREAT that we experienced. Then life throws us a curve ball and we are back where we started. One of my personal stumbling blocks is understanding (and following through) what I need to do to live MY best life.
The internal fight is REAL. And what makes it worse is that we are so harsh on ourselves. You may know that I am an avid researcher. The brain fascinates me! In my last interview with Dr Abby Metcalf, we unpack what it means for the unconscious brain to process information at 11 million bits per second. Can you imagine?
Our identities are moulded long before our reasoning and rationality. So, how do we override our reptilian brain and unconscious thinking? And how can we change our self-sabotaging behaviour?
I’m on a quest to change my behaviour and evolve my identity. And I invite you to join me because it starts with simply saying, “I AM…”
- What makes us to stick to our goals, resolutions and dreams?
- We are inspired to act on something great but life happens that throws a curve ball and we are back where we started.
- We beat ourselves up for our failures and we just stop trying.
- Understand how your brain functions.
- Primitive brain – basic reptilian response to survival.
- Pre-frontal cortex – conceptual talents reasoning abilities and good judgment.
- The battle of the brain (parts) – flight, fright or freeze!
- How do we override our reptilian brain and unconscious thinking? Or how can we change our self-sabotaging behaviour?
- Identities are built around many concepts, dynamics and constructs. It is shaped long before your frontal-cortex has matured.
- Consequently, our (subconscious) thinking determines our behaviour.
- I explain the practical steps to change your behaviour and evolve your identity.
- It starts with a simple ‘identity savings’, accountability partners and little bit of (financial) sacrifice.
- It takes 66 days to build a good habit! And it all starts with “I AM”.
Download this podcast
Right click on the link here and click ‘save as’ to download this episode to your computer.