So, how do we bounce back from that job rejection? Or being overlooked for that promotion? How do we navigate difficult personalities at work? Or how do we show the boss that we are worthy for MORE?
Resilience is the ability to manage your own expectations and boundaries. We CAN overcome adversity and offer something authentic and magical to the world.
I chat with Christmas Hutchinson, a breast cancer survivor, who has an uncanny ability to overcome difficulty with grace. She is now a career coach that specializes in corporate resilience.
Oftentimes, life hits us with a bomb that forces us to shift perspective of what is truly important. And it strengthens our resolve to thrive!
- Christmas’ personal and career journey to becoming a resilience mentor and coach
- The reasons people don’t get promoted include:
- Not connecting with the RIGHT people (i.e. decision-makers)
- Viewing wide feedback objectively
- Avoiding positive self-promotion
- Overlooking career fore-planning and strategy
- Not going above and beyond
- Doing great things doesn’t matter if the right people don’t notice
- According to the American Psychology Association, 65% of Americans cite work as their top source of stress
- We are being socialised to take the work experience too seriously
- The feeling of stress stems from an unequal relationship between time, effort and remuneration
- Managing the difficult personality types and boundaries at work
- Resilience is the ability to manage your own expectations and be pragmatic of what you can offer the world!
Connect with Christmas Hutchinson
Download this episode
Right click on the link here and click ‘save as’ to download this episode to your computer.