When did life become so feverishly chaotic? We seem to be running a never-ending marathon with no real payoff. And let’s be honest, we’re exhausted!
I have an inspiring and thought-provoking talk with Dr Samantha Hiotakis, a clinical psychologist and lifestyle strategist. Dr Samantha works with ambitious high achievers who are so busy prioritising family responsibilities and job to-do lists that they just don’t have time to prioritise themselves. Sound familiar?
We debunk the guilt we feel when we put ourselves first and the power of mindset to become who we were be born to be – guilt-free!
- Dr Samantha’s personal journey to becoming a mindset coach and lifestyle strategist.
- We feel guilty for prioritising our own needs first.
- The power of setting intention, mindset and personal growth goals.
- Actively dedicating calendar time to work on yourself.
- If we serve ourselves FIRST, we are able to serve others better.
- The ability to break our routines with achievable steps.
- Be prepared to do things that you don’t like!
- The initial steps will take the most energy.
- Excuses are often masked as quiet objections and explanations.
- The 5-second rule to physically commit to doing a task.
- You have the right to own your life by reclaiming your own time.
- There is no such thing as work-life balance.
- We try to do it all! The necessity to delegate your tasks to others to free up your time.
- Throw out the to-do lists and create a to-be list of what you want to become.
- The ability to reset and be present in the moment.
- You can do hard things.
More about Dr Samantha Hiotakis
Download this podcast
Right click on the link here and click ‘save as’ to download this episode to your PC.