Do the stories that you were told about the potential for women in business hold you back from living the life you really want?
It’s time for new myths.
Women all over the world are doing the things that you think you can’t. Listen to their stories so that you can reframe, rethink and re-imagine the possibilities.
In today’s episode, corporate anthropologist Andi Simon talks about smashing the myths of women in business.
- [02.00] Corporate anthropology, and its unique perspective on businesses and personal change.
- [05.09] An aversion to change.
- [06.27] Getting comfortable with change
- [08.32] The concept of myths in relation to women in business
- [13.01] The reason myths lag behind reality
- [14.08] The role of men in changing the myths of women in business
- [19.25] It’s all about the ‘AND’
- [22.53] Choose the right partner
- [25.35] Experiential learning and the stories of women in business
- [32.29] Aha moments and the suspension of the stories in your mind in order to be open to the stories of those around you.
Learn more about Andi
Buy Andi’s new book ‘Rethink: Smashing the Myths of Women in Business.’ which is available online or from your local bookstore.
Connect with Andi via her website, where you can read a free chapter from her book and watch videos featuring the women from the book telling their stories.
She’s also just launched the Rethink Programme to help you rethink your own life and see yourself through a fresh lens.
Listen to my episode – Women, It Is Time To Get Your Money Madness Under Control – on Andi’s podcast ‘On the Brink with Andi Simon.’
Related posts and episodes
- Resilience: overcoming the impossible with Gloria Mitchell
- The power in a dream with MaZwane
- No way home with Julia Kerr Henkel
- Who wants to be a millionaire? With Victoria Reuvers
- The possibilities of your career with Andrea Liebross
Get the first two chapters of my book FREE!
You can get the first two chapters of my book free HERE
Get my book
- If you want a paperback copy and you’re in South Africa, visit my site www.LisaLinfield.com
- If you want a Kindle copy or a paperback anywhere in the world, visit Amazon
“Everything is changing. And so you better not think you have the answer. You better ask the questions.” – Andi Simon
“The human is very clever – it believes what it believes. Our stories become our reality.” – Andi Simon
“When things change you need to adapt. And that’s when you need new ideas.” – Andi Simon
“Society has created these myths to keep women in their place.” – Andi Simon
“There’s something going on with women entrepreneurs. 40% of the businesses in the U.S are owned and run by women. There’s some magic going on. Time for new myths.” – Andi Simon