Are you a rising leader who longs to achieve your greatest potential? Discover YOUR leadership style and learn to lead under any kind of pressure.
Jenn Donahue – Navy veteran, civil engineer and business founder – believes that the key to developing your leadership style is to first know yourself, then to know your team, and then to take the time to build trust.
- [01.34] A career in the military and a passion for leadership.
- [03.22] Leadership in the Navy.
- [04.15] Figuring out what kind of leader you are.
- [06.17] A different way to lead.
- [07.43] The steps to take to be a better leader.
- [09.37] Implementing who YOU are as a leader.
- [12.42] Building trust within your team.
- [14.07] Research and the three traits of leadership.
- [16.18] A shift in leadership styles in both corporates and the military.
- [19.29] Combining selfless leaders with high performance.
- [21.22] Practical advice when assuming a new leadership role.
- [22.37] Listen and learn.
- [25.17] Dispelling myths about the younger generation.
- [27.07] The benefits of leadership training.
- [29.10] The rules of engagement when working in a team.
- [32.07] Transforming an industry.
- [34.00] The importance of timing.
- [35.44] Accelerating too quickly.
Learn more about Jenn
Related posts and episodes
- Unleashing grassroots leadership of women with Dr Joanna Martin
- Equine-inspired leadership with Schelli Whitehouse
- Intentionality with Melanie Scott
- Courageous conversations with Kim Potgieter
- The art of corporate resilience with Christmas Hutchinson
Get the first two chapters of my book FREE!
You can get the first two chapters of my book free HERE
Get my book
- If you want a paperback copy and you’re in South Africa, visit my site www.LisaLinfield.com
- If you want a Kindle copy or a paperback anywhere in the world, visit Amazon
“It all starts with understanding who you are.” – Jenn Donahue
“Starting with the team, you have to earn trust.” – Jenn Donahue
“As a leader, it’s not about you anymore, it’s about the team.” – Jenn Donahue
“People are not necessarily looking for those bold, fearless leaders. They want to follow somebody who is empathetic and cares for them.” – Jenn Donahue
“You can have really high performing teams, if you are a selfless leader as well.” – Jenn Donahue
“Get to know your team.” – Jenn Donahue
“The rule is, that it’s the team that gets the last person over the line, that wins” – Lisa Linfield
“Do the best job that you can, in your current job.” – Jenn Donahue
“I think there is nothing more damaging to a person than accelerating too quickly.” – Lisa Linfield
“If we concentrate on being the best we can, we will get noticed for that.” – Jenn Donahue