When you look at the poster perfect images of people on social media, do you ever wonder whether their lives are REALLY as perfect as they seem? In her new book, The Real Interior, Nthabi Taukobong tells it like it is.
From the dusty streets of Soweto in Apartheid South Africa, to becoming one of the first well-known black female interior designers; from dream jobs to disastrous ego-led business decisions, in today’s episode I talk to Nthabi about the road she’s travelled to get to where she is today.
Let this honest journey of self-discovery inspire you to live your best life!
- [02.07] Poster perfect vs. The Real Interior
- [04.01] The origins of a book – Nthabi began writing with a purpose…
- [05.24] Aha moments – an author’s transformational process.
- [07.16] Definitions of success.
- [09.34] Getting a private school education in the Apartheid era.
- [13.55] The Blue Train, dream jobs, and the role of a father.
- [17.17] Reimagining your future self (hint: you are destined for more than the environment you grew up in!)
- [21.07] Impossible vs. improbable
- [22.10] Ego-led business decisions.
- [23.38] Teachings garnered from mistakes.
- [25.14] Moving from ego to sustainability.
- [26.27] Staying focused.
- [27.45] Making YOURSELF your dream client – building a brand.
- [30.49] Lessons from writing a book.
- [34.15] After the last full stop – Nthabi talks about where she is now.
- [35.40] Messages for a younger self.
- [36.10] First Only Different (F.O.D)
- [39.18] Leaving a legacy.
Learn more about Nthabi
Alternatively, buy a copy of her book ‘The Real Interior’.
Plot the path to living your best life and make changes that will stick!
Sign up now to join me on my course, starting on the 23rd of September, and work through the content of my book ‘Deep Grooves’.
Related posts and episodes
- Resilience: Overcoming the impossible with Gloria Mitchell
- The little known determinant of success – hope
- Can we really live our best life?
- The ABC’s to live your life fearlessly with Robin Meyers
Get the first two chapters of my book FREE!
You can get the first two chapters of my book free HERE
Get my book
- If you want a paperback copy and you’re in South Africa, visit my site www.LisaLinfield.com
- If you want a Kindle copy or a paperback anywhere in the world, visit Amazon
“You are not the product of your environment, you are the product of your thoughts, your heart and your soul.” – Nthabi Taukobong
“In life, the fact that you get up every morning and you try, even when everything is against you, and you still make it. That is a successful life.” – Nthabi Taukobong
“Every day needs to be appreciated for whatever it brings to you.” – Nthabi Taukobong
“Those experiences built me to be ready for anything in this world.” – Nthabi Taukobong
“Now it’s step-by-step living. And it’s okay!” – Nthabi Taukobong
“Slow down. Every step helps.” – Nthabi Taukobong
“When I cross that finishing line, there must be thousands walking with me.” – Nthabi Taukobong
“Yes, break barriers. Yes, break ceilings. But please God, look back and pull somebody forward.” – Nthabi Taukobong
“And I guess that’s the shift in focus, from a career that serves you, to leaving and building a legacy.” – Lisa Linfield
“I think that’s the job of all of us – the leave a legacy, a world that is way better than when we first walked the journey.” – Lisa Linfield