What could you do with an extra R10,000 or a $1,000 a month? Having a side hustle has become more relevant and frequent in recent years than ever before!
It always amazes me how many of my clients, past colleagues and close associates all have a side hustle that I would never have known about if I didn’t know them outside of the corporate world. The challenge is, it is mostly men who venture beyond their day jobs for extra income. It seems like us women suffer from the “good girl” syndrome – being loyal to a company or a job at all costs. Here, we explore three reasons why you should start a side hustle.
- Lesson 1: the only job security you have is the one can you control – your side hustle
- No matter how good you are at your job there is no guarantee that it will be there for you tomorrow
- You have more control when you run your own business
- You can influence your income and create your own financial security
- Lesson 2: financial freedom comes quicker when you can add to your income
- We often only focus on cutting expenses and don’t focus on exploring other avenues to increase our income
- Changing our mindset to embrace the idea of a side hustle – the ability to make money in addition to your income
- Activating your brain’s reticular activating system to find opportunities
- Lesson 3: you never know – your side income may replace your day job!
- So often the side hustle grows because you’re doing something you’re passionate about
- The story of Working Women’s Wealth started as Lisa’s side hustle
- What could you do with an extra R10,000 or a $1,000? Just Dream.
- It just comes down to how badly do you want it?
Please subscribe to our podcast on iTunes, and leave a rating and review.
Download this episode
Right click on the link here and click ‘save as’ to download this episode to your computer.