It’s too late when you’re 60 to find out the assumptions you made at 40 about your money were incorrect – and worse yet, to need to start work again after you’ve been retired for a few years. As humans, we unconsciously live our lives based on many assumptions. As a wealth adviser, I deal daily with people who are making huge financial decisions they’re not even conscious they’re making. These are some of the most common assumptions I see.
- The A-Ha moment I had whilst being interviewed
- Where our assumptions come from
- The most common assumptions I come across as a wealth adviser – and which of these are seriously flawed
- The assumptions we make about corporate employee retirement funds that could be blowing your future
- The most common assumption women make that most men don’t make
- The worst assumption people make about aging
- The mindfulness you need – so that you afford yourself the opportunity to make conscious decisions earlier on in our lives
Mentioned on this show
- My interview with Tamar Mar
- Nancy Kleine’s book, Time to think
Subscribe to our podcast on iTunes
Please do subscribe to our podcast on iTunes, and leave a rating and review. This helps the podcast to rank higher and therefore makes it more visible to others browsing podcasts in the hope they too may benefit from our content.
Download this episode
Right click on the link here and click ‘save as’ to download this episode to your computer