Imagine that. Making money and not even leaving your couch. There are many people out there who are watching every penny, but still can’t make ends meet. So they can’t just ‘cut out cappuccinos’ to save extra money. Because they aren’t buying them.
This post is for you, baybeee!
But, as in most things to do with money, it comes down to how much you want it. Are you prepared to give up your TV evenings? Or wake up an hour early? Or push through the inital stages of low take up to build followers and reviewers? Then there may be something for you below.
6 income sources sitting on your couch
- Sell your smartphone photos. Apps like Foap, Scoopshot and Snapwire allow you to upload your photos and pay you if someone buys them. So all those amazing pics you have that are using up space on your phone can generate you some US Dollars.
- Sell on Etsy. If photo taking isn’t your thing, but making things with your hands is, Etsy is one of the world’s largest craft sites. Their marketing page says they have low fees (they take just 3.5%), they have powerful tools to help you promote and grow your business, and they have a lot of educational support.
- Do online surveys. Yip, there are websites that pay you to take surveys. Makes sense given they’re being paid by businesses to collect survey results. Try out Swagbucks, Survey Junkie, Vindale Research, Survey Club, Panel Place to name just a few. Some of these give you points you can redeem for goods such as Amazon gift vouchers. Some give you cash. Try it and see.
- Proof read. For those of you with an eye for detail, this could be your gig. You earn roughly $0.35 per page, at 50 pages per hour = $17.50. That’s R235 per hour. Try Upwork and FIVERR, or read this for 25 places. There’s also a course you can do which will give you all the ins and outs of entering this market – read here.
- Test apps and websites. Userfeel.com pays you $10 per test which takes 15-20 minutes, so you can make $30-$40 per hour. Other sites are Analysia, TrymyUI, Whatusersdo or enrollapp.
- Design. The world belongs to the creatives! There are so many places you can do design work, the world’s your oyster. Try 99Designs, FIVERR, Upwork to start.
There’s something for everybody. You just need to prioritise time. But just 1 hour per day could make you $900 per month or R12,150 per month extra. TV…Cash…TV…Cash. Just remember that for many of these side-gigs, you need to build ratings and reviews so you rank higher. Persist, ask others, it just takes time.
Good luck, and here’s to more wealth. xx