Helping aging parents is indiscriminant in the toll it takes – the reversal of roles is tough, not to mention the physical and emotional burden it places on adult children.
Sheryl Smith, a registered nurse, certified health coach and host of the engAGING Conversations podcast talks to us about what it takes to manage aging parents.
- Dealing with the geographic dislocation when you’re not present in the same town as your parents
- What happens when you’re the sibling stuck in the same town managing the physical and emotional needs of your aging parents
- The challenge of the baby boomers who are the Silver Tsunami – 10,000 retiring each day
- The reason why everyone 55 or younger should include caring for their parents financially in their budgets – until you get to see their full finances and have someone help you know how long it will last
- The checklist of things you need to speak to your parents about – NOW!
- Why it’s important to deal the conversations now – rather than when old family issues rise up over the stressfull end of life period
Discover more about Sheryl Smith
- My interview on Sheryl’s podcast about “Why you must talk Finances with your parents”
Subscribe to our podcast on iTunes
Please do subscribe to our podcast on iTunes, and leave a rating and review. This helps the podcast to rank higher and therefore makes it more visible to others browsing podcasts in the hope they too may benefit from our content.
Download this episode
Right click on the link here and click ‘save as’ to download this episode to your computer